July 26, 2013

Living the Dream

We stopped at Wendy's in a very busy Traverse City this evening to get a Frosty. I still think the Frosty is one of the best cheap desserts that you can get. They're better than a chocolate shake at McDonald's or Burger King — but not quite as delicious as a Taylor freeze sundae at a buffet, but that's a different dining experience, right?


Anyhow, we drove through the drive–thru (or it might be called a pick–up window at Wendy's) and when we placed the order, the "voice" seemed to be in a great mood. When we got up there to pay, he already had the Frosty's ready. He was smiling.

"How's it going tonight?" I asked.

He smiled and said, "Livin' the dream, man."

The window closed and I laughed.

When it opened again, I said, "I'm just glad you're not living a nightmare."

He laughed and said, "Hey, I never said it was my dream."

Living the dream. So few of us get a chance to live our dreams, to do what we want to do.

Are you doing what you want to be doing?

Go do it!

No comments: