January 01, 2013

Through the Past, Quickly

SATURDAY MORNINGS, CHiPs, KISS, & MY LIFE (PLUS MORE)

Nostalgia. It sells. 

I don't know any statistics but I bet a lot of what gets watched on www.youtube.com are videos that remind people of a "better time." Whether it's youth, college, or any other time that is especially important to people. 

We don't know the future all too well and we live in the present with stresses and issues and don't stop to consider that now is the best time. We may look back at now with nostalgia. 

But right now we look at the past .... 

I just started looking up things from 1978 or so. I would have been only six or so, but I have fond memories of growing up in Clarkston, Mich., and Kingsley, Mich. TV commercials, TV shows, riding my bike miles and miles and pulling over the big kids on their bikes because I was a "police officer." Yeah, it's true. (And they put up with it ...) 

They're magically delicious! 

Twist of the ring and end up at Burger King! 

This is one of my favorite shows from the '70s and early '80s.

KISS ... THE LATE MOVIE!

"Strutter" live in '75 at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Mich. 

Favorite song from 1978 ... One of the first vinyl albums I ever bought. At Meijer's Thrifty Acres in Traverse City, Michigan. (This of course, is the single version.)

Album version, if you would rather.

Remember the "Bird," Mark Fidrych? 

No comments: