December 26, 2009

Carnival at Night in Elk Rapids

The carnival shines brightly every year at Harbor Days.

We first visited Harbor Days in 1981, when we lived in Kingsley and Uncle Dave and Aunt Betty lived in Elk Rapids on Birch Lake. Driving around, my parents found an old, dilapidated house that they absolutely fell in love with.

We ended up moving to Elk Rapids and probably haven't missed a Harbor Days in 26 years. It's the annual "end of summer" event for us. It happens the first week–end in August.

A couple of years ago, I used my new Nikon D60 and an old tripod to see if I could capture anything "cool." I really like this shot that I took in August 2008. I tried to replicate it in August 2009, but the layout of the midway was slightly different.

I have an 11X14 print waiting for me at Sam's Club. We'll see how it turned out.

No comments: