July 13, 2017

the Need to Write

Writer's … block

Some days, I know I should write before deciding to write on Rick's Writing Again. I need to clear out the many different thoughts in my head. There's just so much going on during the summer … Usually, I use the morning pages to clear my head, and I guess I'm going to have to get back into that habit. The idea behind the morning pages is to clear your head so you can be more creative. I can't even find a starting point to write anything coherent this morning.

Part of me wants to write something about how the beginning of the second half of the baseball season is the beginning of the end of summer. Another part wants to write about the state of education currently, and how so few kids are going into education as a career these days. Then, I could also write about the projects we have going on at the house. Or maybe I could write about our efforts to walk more this summer.

There's so much to write about. I've been enjoying podcasts again. I especially enjoy Tim Ferriss, James Altucher, The Art of Manliness, The Truth Barrel, as well as others. I also like to dabble in what Mike Rowe, the Art of Charm, and Dave Ramsey have to say. I wish that some of the podcasters would produce less content because it's hard to keep up with, and I end up skipping podcasts that sound "less interesting." Sometimes the podcasts that don't sound interesting end up teaching a great deal.

Anyway, I don't know if I said anything constructive today. Check out a couple of the aforementioned podcasts. They usually have something of value to share. Thanks for hanging in there. (I'm heading to Lansing for a conference. Ah, summer …)

No comments: