December 03, 2016

The Fast Food Gourmet

Fast Food Gourmet

In the fall of 1988 or so for my birthday, my buddy Bru took me on the "fast food gourmet." I don't necessarily remember the food from all the places, but I think it included McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's. I'm not sure, though. My modern FFG would include flying to Las Vegas to get a double double at In N Out, seeking out a Wendy's for a Frosty, and maybe going to Culver's for french fries. That's just off the top of my head thinking, actually. I suppose I could go to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries and be just as happy. Back in '88, Subway was relatively new to Traverse City and Taco Bell wasn't really on the list of choices.


I remember in the last '70s going to Flint with my Grandma Morgan and Mom and one of our stops sometimes would be a visit to Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers. I think a lot of times we would also go to eat at Hudson's, too, which was probably classier than Wendy's. 

In the '70s, I also would sometimes get a Big Mac at McDonald's and that's probably why I still love a Big Mac. McDonald's has been a part of so many people's lives it's amazing. Later, I discovered the quote from Ray Kroc below. So true. 




No comments: