July 22, 2013

Jimmy Buffett

Wasting away again ... in Margaritaville!

I have gone to Jimmy Buffett shows since the early '90s. I used to go on an annual basis but then JB skipped a year or two at Pine Knob in Clarkston and I never fully recovered. Sure, I saw him at the Palace in February one year (JB is not an inside entertainer) and in Nashville. The last couple of summers Lori and I have been able to go see him in Detroit at Comeria. It's a big show, with all kinds of entertainment going on outside.

Songs from St. Somwhere drops on August 20. 

Buffett has been around for a long time. He's had a couple of hits but he has eight songs he nearly has to play at every show. He doesn't always, though. His crowd is an eclectic mix of young and old. And JB is getting old, he's closing in on 67 and still sells shows out, records new music, and is more popular than ever.

The Jimmy Buffett week–end show is always a great time!


No comments: