September 16, 2010

Great Danger Ahead

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."
— Michelangelo

Tom Peters, author of The Little Big Things: 163 Ways to Pursue Excellence

I have been looking for the above quote for several weeks. I ran across it sometime ago, and remembered it. For some reason, I thought it was a Churchill quote, but could find it nowhere. 

I tweeted it, Facebooked it, asked about it. No one provided the quote. 

The other day, I was discussing goals with our secretary and we happened to talk about the quote. She said she had used it with one of her volleyball teams at one point and that she would see if she could find it. 

This morning, as I walked in, she said, "Hey, I found your quote." 

It was in a packet of quotes the other secretary had been using to put a daily thought in the announcements. A list of quotes compiled by Tom Peters that I had given her upon her request right at the start of the school year. So, basically, I had the quote all along. 

Have a great day!

No comments: