December 26, 2006

A Cardinal Fan


A Cardinal Fan
Originally uploaded by Rick Rock Radio.
We were walking through Busch Gardens in Tampa. We had just finished looking at lions, hippos, and giraffs. Out of nowhere, this guy walks sporting a St. Louis Cardinals World Champions shirt. Most of the shirts I've seen so far on the trip have been Yankees, D-Rays, Twins (yep!) and Tigers. Hadn't seen many Cardinals shirts -- let alone shirts that celebrate the Championship.

Of course, I didn't know this guy, but I said to Lori, "I feel like I should go tell him that on behalf of all of us, he is welcome." She finally called my bluff (I'd mentioned this a time or two already), walked up to him and asked if we could get a picture with him.

We joked around about the World Series a little bit. You see, Cardinal fans, they were glad the team one won game. Tiger fans, we won one game and we wanted to win four. Actor/comedian/singer Jeff Daniels says it best ... "And if you're a Cardinals fan, huh! You're welcome." I'll remember that line for a long, long time.

Hopefully, next October, we can get rid of the bad memories (even though the season was filled with good ones!)

No comments: