May 13, 2006

Son of Detroit!

"It's bittersweet. It's kind of like the last day of school. You're excited because you feel like you've accomplished something and then you've got the summer off, but you'll miss some of your friends that you will not get to see, and you won't get to be with the band every day."

Kid Rock, May 2006

It was a dreary, rainy day. The weather had turned on Wednesday and we hadn't seen the sun for three straight days. It actually felt like everything we did was some form of wastin' time. Nobody was enthusiastic. Friday was especially dreary. This had been a difficult and long week.

I had gone to the meeting in the morning, but had to leave to attend another short meeting. I called Tuna and said, "Hey, man, keep checking Ticketmaster and trying to find some decent seats to tonight's show. I hear they're filming it for a DVD. THAT would be cool!" He told me he would check.

"Check right now. Check now. Let's see what's available." He told me it looked like section 110, row j would be available. Side stage, possible limited view. "Well, just keep checking all day. I will too."

I returned to the original meeting and checked Ticketmaster. No, I didn't. Where we were, the wireless connection would not let us check a secure site. Oh no. The day went on, and at lunch I was ribbed and called a stalker because I had seen Kid Rock several times in the past couple of years. I said I planned to go to the show. Everyone laughed.

The meeting ended, one daughter went to her first visit to the chiropractor. I also got my neck and back adjusted. It was after 5:00 when we were heading home. Got a pizza at Main Street in Edmore and headed home. Called -- yes, on a phone -- called Ticketmaster.

"Seer, I kin get you ..." Well, I could hardy understand him, but the tickets he offered were similar to what Ken found all day. He was looking for four tickets. What else do you have ... for maybe two people." These ones were a little better and I seriously considered buying them. "I'll tell you what, I'm going to call and see if my friends would be interested in sitting there. How much time do I have to call you back?"

"One hour, fifteen meenuts. 'Scuse me, fifteen meenuts."

I drove into our drive way, ran down to the computer and tried. Same results. Same seats. Nothing good. Feeling all out of energy and deciding a night in watching the Tigers wasn't the worst thing in the world, I typed in four tickets, best available once again.

Section 112, Row A, Seats 1-4.

Pick up the phone and call:

"Kenny, there are good seats, I mean really good. These are good. I got four. What do you think?"

"I don't think we can get four. I'm not sure. I mean Huck might be in, but I don't know about Steve."

"I think we can find four. I'm pushing 'go.'"

TO BE CONTINUED ...


No comments: