December 31, 2021

Rick's Picks for Upcoming Books

IT'S A GOOD YEAR TO BUY A BOOK

As a book geek, I like to read lists about upcoming books or best books of the previous year, etc. This is a good time of the year for me to read about reading. I haven't heard of many of the authors with anticipated books coming out in 2022.


Personally, I'm looking forward to the following:

TRACY FLICK CAN'T WIN (the sequel to Election)! If you remember in the movie version of Perrotta's classic, every time they had an election sign, the name was capitalized so it looked like something other than her last name!

New book by Chip Heath about numbers. MAKING NUMBERS COUNT (Jan. 11)

Daniel Pink with a new book about regret. THE POWER OF REGRET: HOW LOOKING BACKWARD MOVES US FORWARD (Feb. 1)

Chuck Klosterman, hopefully with a good one following some so-so drivel … THE NINETIES: A BOOK (Feb. 8) As someone who really grew up in the nineties, this sounds interesting.

Brad Meltzer, finally some fiction (not only for me on the list but also for Meltzer who has gone into non-fiction for a while) THE LIGHTNING ROD (EG, ESCAPE ARTIST 2) (March 8).

Too bad I have so many other books in line to read ...

The Grisham Quandary

On another note, I finally finished SOOLEY by John Grisham. The book arrived the day it came out in April, I started it in May, and FINALLY finished it on Christmas Day. It is not Grisham's best. It moved really slowly and jumped around. Then, he wrapped it up suddenly. As much as I recommend a lot of his books, I wouldn't recommend this one. His new one THE JUDGE'S LIST has been solid so far.

Books From 2021

I started strong in 2021, reading six book in the first couple months of the year, then I tapered off and only read 14 the rest of the year.

That's way too much information about my reading! Happy New Year!




No comments: