July 02, 2018

Steaks as good as a steakhouse

Maybe even better. 



Chances are you have heard a jingle for Ebels General Store in Falmouth, Michigan. I heard the jingle for years before I ever thought of seeking out where Ebels might even be. I think they advertised for years on Detroit Tigers games— and they probably still do.

Anyway, after hearing the jingle for so long, Lori and I decided to check out where Falmouth, Michigan, actually is. I guess I'm a brand loyalty person, and if these guys supported the Tigers all these years, we should see what they had to offer. Actually, the Ina Store in Ina did the same thing, but when we visited that store, the atmosphere was nothing like what you would expect listening to the commercial. We didn't buy anything there, nor have we gone back.

However, we have visited Ebels General Store many times, and have never walked away less than impressed. We discovered having them cut your New York Strip steaks to your liking. So, I had them cut some to one inch and the others to one-and-a-half inches. Now, I can cook these huge steaks just like they do at Boone's Long Lake Inn in Traverse City, Michigan. Sure, I don't know all their secrets, their rubs, etc., but the steak looks good and tastes great.

No comments: