June 15, 2018

Random Ramble

Randomly Rambling

Next week, our therapy dog, the one and only Mr. Ernest Hemingway, will go to the vet and get fixed. He would certainly argue that he's not broken, but he's well into his second year and should be fully developed. So, Tuesday, Hemi is going to get a procedure. He will continue his training to be a therapy dog; we don't know if he will be able to pass the test where he has to walk down a hallway and ignore people food. While he's slim and trim, he likes to eat. Every day when we feed him, he acts like he's never eaten before and never will again!

The Tigers are a fun team. I can't say I've watched nearly as much this season as in the previous several, but when I do watch or listen, they seem like an aggressive, improving team. The decision to hire Ron Gardenhire made a lot of sense for many reasons. I think the future will be here quicker than the pundits predict. Not to mention that the American League Central Division is not the elite division it has been for a few years. I'm sure that in itself is a debatable statement.

You know, it's amazing when some of your contemporaries begin retiring. It seems like just yesterday Mr. Stevenson handed me a key, smiled, and said, "Good luck." I guess the upcoming school year will be my 24th. It really doesn't seem long ago, sitting with Mr. Hodges and Mr. Koutz as a rookie at my first PD watching the lamest version of the bloodborne pathogens video you can find. Mr. Hodges said, "This begins year 33 and a third for me ..." and Mr. Koutz, I think, said "28 for me." That sure did sound like a long time in education. I digress, but it seems amazing that so many of the people I've worked with are beginning to retire.

Yet, we're all still so young …




No comments: