June 21, 2018

Continuing a trend …

Food


We have been grilling nearly every day so far during the summer. We have been cooking chicken, steak, and whatever other ideas we decide to tackle. The most fun thing to cook has been the inch and a half thick New York Strips we have been getting at either Ebel's General Store in Falmouth, Michigan, or Bird's in Howard City, Michigan. When you tackle larger cuts, you can create dinners that look like what you expect in a restaurant. We have adding corn on the cob and fresh Michigan asparagus to our plates, as well.

This year, I have been seasoning the steak with just salt and pepper. The books I have read on the subject suggest that's the simple approach to the best steak. I can't say that I disagree. We have marinated our steaks in olive oil and other homemade marinades in the past, but the approach with simply salt and pepper has worked so far.


Maybe I'll write about food all week. I didn't intend to, but I noticed that I have written about ice cream and doughnuts already … Must be that kind of week!


No comments: