December 05, 2017

It's Always Writing Season

Sometimes We Don't Know Why We Start

I started this blog way back in 2006. I started the blog for a couple reasons. One reason was that I thought it would be a good way to share my thoughts and predictions about baseball. In the fall of 2005, when the Tigers unceremoniously released Alan Trammell and the rest of the 1984 crew who were running the organization, I had suggested that Jim Leyland would be a good choice. If I had blogged something like that, then I would have looked like an informed baseball fan. But, I didn't have a blog and never put it in published format. The other reason was that I have always liked to write, including professionally for different newspapers and magazines over time, so I thought maybe I might just possibly have something to say.

The second post in April 2006 discussed the death of Steve Howe. 

Generally, my viewpoints cover education, baseball, and rock 'n' roll music. I suppose those are the things I am most passionate about; though, since I started RWA several years ago, I find that watching baseball on TV has some advantages and watching Youtube videos of concert clips isn't all that bad. Don't get me wrong, I still love to "be there," but FOMO doesn't have a hold on me like a little over a decade ago.

I find that I am able to keep the blog updated when I have more time to write. I keep telling myself that I should set aside time and keep the blog updated, but I never seem to do that. I know I am sporadic, at best. I know that I used to have something to say and put it out there in a timely fashion. Now, I write things and sit on them for a while. I have one blog that I started about heroes that I will probably release one of these days; however, we keep finding that our heroes are really zeroes.

But that's a story for another day.

No comments: