September 28, 2017

Modern Radio Words

Awesome & Modern Learning 

I first started listening to podcasts about 10 years ago. Dave Ramsey’s daily podcast, which was an abbreviated version of his daily radio show, was the first one. People used the debt snowball to get into better financial shape and told Dave all about it. I learned a lot listening to Dave and his team.  

Then, I discovered that there were many others who also had high quality podcasts. I started to find "new" podcasts to listen to by reading various blogs. Seth Godin was one of the bloggers who began highlighting podcasts. Come to think of it, I'm surprised that Seth hasn't run with the podcast gig. It would be incredibly popular, I'm sure.  

I'm not even sure that Tim Ferriss has an official name for his blog, but it's one of the most popular and best there is. Ferriss has written four best selling books, but his podcast is top notch. He interviews many different people from all walks of life. His goal is to deconstruct excellence and help everyone learn from it. He has interviewed many interesting people and has shared his learning with everyone. Not only does he deconstruct people but initiatives, as well. 

Listening to Ferriss, I learned of James Altucher because Ferriss shared an article about Altucher on Twitter. I learned that Altucher had gotten rid of almost all of his belongings and lived from place to place, often using Airbnb. His podcast is also excellent. He too interviews people to learn the what, why, and how of accomplishing great things.

The Truth Barrel, which features writer Neil Strauss and professional athlete Gabby Reece as they turn the heat up to 220 degrees in a sauna and interview people to “get to the truth” of the matter. The people they interview all have interesting backgrounds and good stories to share. One of their most awesome is with the creator of Post Secret, Frank Warren. If you don't check out anything else that I highlight here, please check that one out. It will touch everyone in some way. Phenomenal. 

One of the best and most informative podcasts is by famous work curator Mike Rowe called The Way I Heart It. He tells shorts stories which leads to the “punchline” which is the information about who he’s telling the story about. Each time I listen, I try to determine who he is talking about. It reminds me of the old Paul Harvey radio show. It comes out every Tuesday. 

Another fun story style one is by writer Malcom Gladwell called Revisionist History. I also have listened to Side Hustle School by writer Chris Guillebeau, Art of Charm, and Noah Kagan Presents

The one good thing about my commute is that I get to use my truck as a classroom and listen to podcasts and audio books to learn. Sometimes I just crank up a new playlist and jam on down the highway ... 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are all good ones that I enjoy as well. Additionally, I recommend "99% Invisible", hosted by Roman Mars. Also;"The Kitchen Sisters Present..." Both are really good.