March 07, 2013

Faded Reality | Real Memories

Life happens fast.

It happens even faster the older you get. 

I remember when I was about 16 or 18, my Dad told me that life happens even faster as you get older. I don't remember exactly, but it was probably a Saturday morning excursion to the local compactor in Elk Rapids and we were talking about how fast the high school baseball season (or maybe the senior year or whatever) was going …

For what it's worth, he was right.

In the fall of 2009, Lori and I went to Detroit for some different events, usually wrapped around a baseball game. If you remember 2009 was the "163 Game Season" for the Tigers where they broke our hearts losing a one–game playoff to the Minnesota Twins. Anyhow, one week–end we were down and the Tigers could have clinched the Division, but the Twins won ... ah, never mind.

We also visited the Heidelberg Project and I painted the Save the D "art" above. It was a cool day. We met the founder, Tyree, and enjoyed learning about the history of the "project." We enjoyed the day and said we would eventually go back.

We did, last September.


And the reality had faded but our memories were real.

No comments: