March 05, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake at Parksdale Farms

If you're ever in the middle of Florida and looking for a delicious snack, consider heading to Plant City's Parksdale Farms. It's a great place to eat, and the choices are great.

You have eight choices and you better be ready to order once you get up to your point in line. How do I describe this? You walk into the building and snake through a never–ending line.

Finally, it's your turn to order.

Personally, I ordered a "2" by mistake. It was strawberries and ice cream.

I noticed that my Mom got strawberry shortcake with hers, and I thought that's why we came here.

So, I said, "Hey, I didn't get any cake."

The guy who runs the "shop," said, "You want cake. Two dollars."

I argued that it came with my Mom's order.

"Cake, three dollar."

I wasn't happy by this point. I just wanted the right order. I guess I meant to order a "3."

"Ah, come on. I just made a mistake."

So, he says, "NO FRUIT FOR YOU!"

* * * * *

Okay, so I made up the ordering part of the story. But, if you've ever seen the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld, I can imagine how Parksdale Farms could be the same kind of place. It has THE BEST strawberry shortcake.

No comments: