July 06, 2010

Yard and Garage Sale ... Coming Up ...

My friend Steve says I am a hoarder. 



Just because I save almost everything does not mean I'm a hoarder. A lot of people I know have Sporting News magazines from 1983 in their parents' garage. Don't you? I mean, my Rolling Stones from 1988 are very cool. What if someday, I found out that some obscure person featured in an old edition of Rolling Stone is now famous? I mean, that magazine would then be worth, like 10¢ or something.

I have record albums — rare ones, too. I actually have two turntables, so I could theoretically play them. Lots of baseball cards. Cassettes? Hundreds. Books? Some days I wish I did not like to read. Because, unless I lend the book to someone when I finish, I save it. And I've saved thousands of books. (EDIT THEM OUT, RICK!) Anybody have a VCR? We're getting rid of many videos. I threw out about (A LOT!) that we had recorded over the years.

It's time to get rid of some stuff. We nearly filled a dumpster yesterday. And the rest of the stuff if going in a garage sale. It'll be Thursday–Saturday this week, from 6 a.m.–6 p.m. each day.

I have admitted I have a problem, and I'm dealing with it.

No comments: