April 23, 2007

School Improvement

Today, I attended the Michigan Department of Education's School Improvement Conference. It was a great conference and important information was disseminated. The real highlight, though, was when Wavelength, Inc. performed after lunch. This group is entertaining because they take a humorous angle on a serious topic: education. Today, they presented "A Funny Thing Happened Leaving No Child Behind."

I became acquainted with their "antics" several years ago during my first stint as a "new teacher induction" coordinator. I found one of their videos called "The Seven Habits of Highly Ineffective Educators." It's a great video and most educators can see themselves in each role at different times. It's like the proverbial "reality check."

Education is serious business, but without some humor, we might all go insane!

Thanks for checking in. I know I haven't been blogging much.

(The Tigers are having a nice first night in California. Remember when the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim were simply the California Angels?)

No comments: