June 28, 2006

Bring On the Brooms!!!

Rookie right hander Justin Verlander won his tenth game of the season and it's not even July.

He threw eight shutout innings against the Astros with seven strike outs, no walks, and three hits allowed. He was brilliant.

I will be posting a couple of pictures to the blog, but I'll also be really updating flickr later ('Net is slow right now ...).

About 29,200 other folks attended the mid-afternoon game at Comerica Park. We ended up with pretty good seats and the Tigers were signing autographs "like crazy" just prior to game time. Several Tigers were signing. I was lucky enough (this was one of my goals) to get Nate "Dog" Robertson to sign a package of Big League Chew (check out his blog). Zach Miner also signed a ticket for me. He's a rookie and is 4-1 on the season.

I forgot to mention that the final score was 5-0 and it was the Tigers second shut-out in a row. Not to mention their Major League-leading eleventh! Their pitching has been sensational. The hitting clutch. One other highlight I must mention is Craig C-Mo Monroe's bunt with a runner on third, a safety squeeze, that made the score 2-0.

They keep on trucking. The crowd was loud and proud. This is a special season in Detroit Rock City! Keep it up, bengals!

No comments: