May 13, 2006

Pink Bats in the Major Leagues

"When I heard that Major League Baseball had approved the use of them I said I'd do it. My grandmother passed away when I was 10 from breast cancer. She was a bigger baseball fan than I was at the time. I assume the bats will feel the same, the only difference will be the color. But I don't see any problem with that."

- Curtis Granderson -


"My wife's grandmother passed away a year ago from cancer. The pink could be a little distracting while you're hitting, and it might be tough seeing the ball off the bat, but one day out of the year isn't going to hurt anyone. It's for a great cause."

- Brandon Inge -

Several Tigers will use pink bats Sunday -- Mother's Day -- to raise awareness (and eventually money) for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. (Taken from Tom Gage's Tigers Notebook at the Detroit News).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THIS is baseball I understand!

Tuna Can said...

Like crying, there is know room in baseball for pink bats, thats like having women in the dugout! I have offered to give all the female attendees of the baseball game in Cleveland a free breast exam. (LOL)

Great cause, good for the MLB and its players